Washington, DC Law Firm Douglas & Boykin PLLC
Frederick A. Douglas and Curtis A. Boykin formed Douglas & Boykin PLLC, a minority-owned firm, in 2003. Each partner’s philosophies and abilities complement the other. The combination of Mr. Douglas’ acclaimed litigation and government-regulation experience with Mr. Boykin’s commercial-litigation and government-relations background allows the firm to provide a broad array of services to meet clients’ varied needs.The firm has grown to five attorneys.
Using diverse skills from talented attorneys for every problem
Douglas & Boykin attorneys apply creative and effective strategies to help clients avoid or minimize crises, create strategic plans, and navigate the legal and governmental issues that affect their lives, their businesses, and their bottom lines.
The firm’s practice emphasizes complex trial and appellate litigation, including:
- Government contracts — The attorneys in our government contracts practice handle such issues as bid proposals and preparation, bid protests, procurement issues, and terminations.
- Government litigation— Our attorneys provide outside government litigation counsel, special counsel for investigations, bid protests, contract disputes, and government investigations for our clients who work closely with the federal, state, and local governments.
- Nonprofit and charitable organizations — Our experienced attorneys help form nonprofits, associations, and foundations; we also assist those organizations in acquiring property and obtaining tax-exempt status. We serve as nonprofits’ general counsel; advise their boards, and much more.
- Complex commercial litigation — Douglas & Boykin has the depth of commercial litigation experience and the resources needed to protect the interests of businesses and corporate clients. Our attorneys litigate a range of commercial issues, including:
- Real estate
- Franchise law
- Uniform Commercial Code
- Employment law — We defend businesses and government clients in cases involving
allegations of discrimination, wrongful termination, and sexual harassment.
- Family law and divorce — If you are facing a child custody dispute, a disagreement about
marital asset division, or if you are looking for a firm that handles same-sex divorce, we have the sensitivity and skills to help you work through your most complex legal challenges.
- Professional malpractice — We provide experienced representation for lawyers, doctors, pharmacists, and architects who face allegations of professional malpractice.
- Government relations — Our Washington, DC law firm is adept at navigating the ever-changing landscape of government relations in our nation’s capital. We work with businesses and nonprofit organizations that want to work effectively with government officials.
- Complex criminal matters — We advocate for our clients who have been accused of a white-collar crime, such as mail, wire, tax, bank, and securities fraud.
A reputation for legal excellence
Douglas & Boykin has the experience and credentials not often found in a firm its size. Mr. Douglas, a former Assistant U.S. Attorney in the District of Columbia, has tried numerous cases and argued appeals since the 1980s. Mr. Boykin has also tried numerous cases and argued appeals since the mid-1990s.
Mr. Douglas is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the definitive guide to the most distinguished lawyers and law firms in America.
The firm is proud to count among its clients:
- District of Columbia Housing Authority
- District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority
- Public Charter Schools in the District of Columbia
- Various not-for-profit entities
- National accounting firms
- Churches and affiliated religious organizations
The firm’s litigators are also experienced in all forms of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including mediation and arbitration.
The firm represents clients in the following courts:
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Courts of Appeals
- District of Columbia Circuit
- Second Circuit
- Third Circuit
- Fourth Circuit
- Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Courts for:
- District of Columbia
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- Court of Appeals of New York
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
Contact our Washington, DC litigation attorneys for a consultation
Douglas & Boykin PLLC represents government agencies, individuals and corporations in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, including Northern Virginia and Maryland. Contact the firm online or call us at 202-753-0042.