DC Law Firm Has Decades of Experience in Government Litigation
Defending and prosecuting cases in court and before regulators
The litigation team at Douglas & Boykin PLLC understands that litigation involving government agencies has little in common with litigation between private parties. A lawsuit against a government body involves policy issues, sovereign immunity defenses, and, for government contractors, a fear that asserting your rights in this case could cost you contracts in the future. Douglas & Boykin has decades of experience in litigating complex disputes for and against federal, state, and municipal agencies in trial and appellate courts and before regulatory authorities.
Providing comprehensive government litigation services
The litigators at Douglas & Boykin work closely with attorneys from the firm’s other practice areas to bolster their trial experience with subject matter knowledge. The cases that the firm routinely litigates involve:
- Commercial and financial disputes involving government entities
- Defending government agencies in contract and procurement disputes
- Constitutional and statutory challenges to federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Challenges to the government’s denial of licenses, permits or contracts
- Improper takings of private property for public use
Washington, DC litigators who understand government
The government litigation attorneys at Douglas & Boykin represent government agencies, at trial and on appeal, in a broad range of complex and sensitive cases. The firm has represented such public bodies as:
- District of Columbia Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking
- Washington Convention and Sports Authority
- District of Columbia Public Service Commission
- District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority
- District of Columbia Housing Authority
- Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission
Douglas & Boykin also served as special counsel for the District of Columbia during the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s investigation of the District’s municipal bond offerings.
Consult government litigation attorneys who are ready to fight for you
Douglas & Boykin has decades of experience in litigating complex disputes for and against federal, state and municipal agencies. Contact the firm at 202-753-0042 or online for representation in the Washington, DC area, which includes Northern Virginia and Maryland. The firm’s office is near Metro stops at Farragut North, Dupont Circle (Red Lines) and Farragut West in Washington, DC.