Legal Representation for Businesses
Business Lawyers serving Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia
Whether you’re an established business or an entrepreneur just starting out, Douglas & Boykin’s team has the skill and experience to help you navigate today’s complex and litigious commercial environment.
- Employment Law – Employee claims for discrimination and retaliation are on the rise. Employees have little to lose by filing a claim with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and investigations can drag on for years. An experienced attorney can help your business fight and resolve employee claims.
- Business Entity Selection– When you decide to start your own business, one of the first decisions you must make is whether your operation should be a corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, or some other type of business entity.
- Professional Malpractice– Douglas & Boykin has handled a wide range of professional malpractice claims. When your license and assets are at risk, you need a malpractice defense firm that is equipped to represent you vigorously in disciplinary proceedings and in court.
- Commercial Litigation – Disputes frequently arise out of: commercial real estate transactions; insurance contracts; limited liability company operating agreements, partnership agreements, and shareholder agreements; franchise agreements; and sales, acquisitions, and mergers. Your business needs an experienced legal team to protect your interests at trial and through alternative dispute resolution such as mediation and arbitration.
- White-Collar Criminal Defense – A government investigation into tax evasion, securities fraud, or other white-collar crime can be expensive, time-consuming, and damaging to a business’s reputation – even if charges are never filed. If your business is the target of an investigation, or has been served with a subpoena, you need experienced representation to preserve your business and protect your personal interests.
Douglas & Boykin doesn’t just represent your business once trouble arises. Our attorneys can also help manage risk by, for example: drafting and reviewing commercial leases, drafting effective operating agreements, advising on best practices for corporate governance, and making sure your employment policies are comprehensive and up to date. We take the time to get to know your business and provide the personal attention that you expect from your legal team. To learn more about what Douglas & Boykin can offer, give us a call at 202-753-0042.